5.07.2009

Do Over




When was the last time you made a mistake while you were at work or at school and you needed to do that task or project over again? Some times you get a second chance but other times you don’t. It all depends on the situation. Even though people don’t realize it, most of the time they get second chances. Everyone disserves a second chance. 


I have had many chances in my life. One was when I was around six years old. I knew my parents had money in their piggy-banks on their shelf and I was in need of money for school. So I crept in their room when they were both downstairs. I went over to the shelf and reached for one of the piggy-banks, but I was to short. So I took their chair and moved it in front of the shelf and stood on it. I got the piggy-bank and turned it over to get to the plug but, but right as I did that all the money rolled around on the inside making a crashing sound. So I got scared and rushed to put the piggy-bank back up as fast as I could and that made it nosier. Then when I tried to get off the chair I slipped and fell on to the floor. That is when my mom came in. I was so scared that I started to cry. The look on my mom’s face was unbelief. Then my mom moved back the chair to it original spot and then sat down beside me. She started lecturing me on how stealing was wrong and how if I do that later in life it may hurt me a lot more. She let me off the hook that time but she reminded me that if I did it or tried to do it again that she would not make it so easy. That day I learned that people do get second chances and that everyone disserves a second chance.


Though if someone commits a horrible crime they should not get the book thrown at them but also they should not get off completely. If they do it again though, they should get the full punishment, maybe even more because they were warned. Every one disserves a second chance but not third or fourth chances. Everyone makes mistakes and bad decisions which they wish they did not do. Second chances should not be used to be taken advantage of. So I believe that second chances should be used, but used wisely.


No comments: