
When was the last time you were disappoiontred by fellow teammates? There has been a constant rain over the past few days so my team and I haven't been able to practice and everyone is nervous. We have a match against one of the best teams and we know it's going to be tough to pull through it. As my team and I warm up we grow more and more uneasy because our teammates haven't shown up. When game time rolls around we only have a total of eight players. I automatically feel unenthusiastic without my teammates. As much as I want to quit, I know my team is counting on me to give it my all and to try my hardest during this game. When it was over, my team ended up losing by a long shot, and was disappointed at themselves and the players that didn't show. My teammates and I has our heads hanging low when our coach told us to cheer up. I looked at him like he was crazy. Was he really trying to make us feel better after we were just defeated by another team? As I listened, he helped me understand that we played great for not practicing in a long time.
We didn't quit, but held our own through the game and played smart. It was oko that we didn't win. That's when i realized that when you look towards the positive side of bad circumstances things turn out for the best. If I let everthing that's going wrong in my life get to me, it can change my behavior and my actions because I am stressed with everthing that's going on. When I am optimistic I experience less stress and more joy because I am feeling a positive energy from being constructive when I'm in different positions.
When I look to the bright side I can take more away from the situation. Being positive during a predicament allows me to see what I have acomplished rather than just focusing on my mistakes. If I make an effort to try to be positive I become happier becuase I am forecing myself to see the bright side. Having an upbeat attitude can also help me for the future. I used to not want to try new things because I only saw the things that could go wrong, insteasd of looking at all the benefits that could come from trying something new. When I have a positive outlook on life my world is full of potential.
No comments:
Post a Comment