
I believe that faith and prayer are essential to get through my struggles of every- day life. Since age eleven, I have had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I can’t really remember the exact day or time, but I know that I made a decision to ask Him into my heart. I based this feeling on Romans 10:13, “Anyone who calls on the Lord will be saved.”
When I was younger, I struggled with friends and school, so I would pray. Sometimes, I would imagine Jesus being magical and making everything perfect, but it would never work out that way. During those struggles, I was able to deal with the lack of friends and the hard school work through prayer.
I noticed that when I prayed about something, I became more able to handle things. Prayer then became something I thought of first, not last.
I have seen the Lord help my family through my mom’s illness. In March of 2007, she was diagnosed with stage IV kidney cancer. My family prayed often for her and her healing during this time. We would pray for peace and wisdom concerning treatment. Since a year ago, her scans have been clear and I believe she has been healed.
Another example of prayer guiding me is my choice of school. Last year I applied to Greenville Tech Charter High School. I had to make a decision to stay at my old school or come here. I felt unsure about coming, so I prayed about it and had faith that I was doing the right thing coming to Greenville Tech Charter. Later I found out that my name was pulled out of the lottery for the Greenville campus. So far, it has been good for me academically and socially.
Being on the golf team has been a challenge for me for a couple reasons: one, I am not that good, and two, no one wanted me on the team. I prayed for strength based on Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
In my life I probably can say that I have grown spiritually and that I am continuing to grow in my walk with Jesus Christ. Also, I know that in the future I won’t have so hard of a time, knowing I have faith in the Lord. This I believe because of Mark 11:22-24 “Then Jesus said to the disciples, Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.”
When I was younger, I struggled with friends and school, so I would pray. Sometimes, I would imagine Jesus being magical and making everything perfect, but it would never work out that way. During those struggles, I was able to deal with the lack of friends and the hard school work through prayer.
I noticed that when I prayed about something, I became more able to handle things. Prayer then became something I thought of first, not last.
I have seen the Lord help my family through my mom’s illness. In March of 2007, she was diagnosed with stage IV kidney cancer. My family prayed often for her and her healing during this time. We would pray for peace and wisdom concerning treatment. Since a year ago, her scans have been clear and I believe she has been healed.
Another example of prayer guiding me is my choice of school. Last year I applied to Greenville Tech Charter High School. I had to make a decision to stay at my old school or come here. I felt unsure about coming, so I prayed about it and had faith that I was doing the right thing coming to Greenville Tech Charter. Later I found out that my name was pulled out of the lottery for the Greenville campus. So far, it has been good for me academically and socially.
Being on the golf team has been a challenge for me for a couple reasons: one, I am not that good, and two, no one wanted me on the team. I prayed for strength based on Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
In my life I probably can say that I have grown spiritually and that I am continuing to grow in my walk with Jesus Christ. Also, I know that in the future I won’t have so hard of a time, knowing I have faith in the Lord. This I believe because of Mark 11:22-24 “Then Jesus said to the disciples, Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.”
No comments:
Post a Comment