5.06.2009

This I believe



If you were to die tomorrow would you be able to say, I did all that i wanted to do? I often think about this. I never know when the day will come. That's why i live every day like it is my last.
Just sit and ponder all the things that you have missed out on. Maybe you were too busy playing video games or watching TV. There have been many times that my friends have asked me to go to church with them or go to see a movie and i tell them that I'm too busy or I have a lot of homework. Then the next day they talk about all the fun that they had and i think, why i didn't go? Friends and family are more important than some silly video game or my favorite TV show. I've always heard the quote' " friends last a life time." I never really thought about the meaning of the quote before, but when I really think about it, It's true. No one wants to grow up alone.

A touchy subject for me is my Grandpa. He died when i was really young. When he died I didn't feel sad. I wondered why everyone else was crying and i was just sitting there. I guess it was because I never really spent a lot of time with him. I was either too busy playing video games of hanging out with friends. One day about 3 years after he passed away I remembered the day he taught me how to play chess.

My eyes began to water. I never felt anything about his death until then. I hated myself for it. He was the nicest man anyone could know. I began to think about all the things that we never were able to do. We were never able to do his his to favorite things; fishing, and working in his garden.

Now, I try not to waste my time with video games and TV. I now spend my time with friends and family. I try to find the time to do even the little things. Like going out to eat with my grandparents or calling family members just to see how they are doing.

I would like to see the world and do things that I never thought I would do. Talk to people I have never met before. Eat things I wouldn't usually eat.

I encourage myself ever day to go out and see the world; live like today is my last. I encourage myself to do things i have never thought possible. Before I sit down in front of the TV i just think"is there anything else that i could be doing."

No comments: