5.06.2009

This I Believe



If something seems hard for you to achieve and becomes very difficult for you, do you get frustrated with it and stop or keep trying? It can be easier for me to quit what is difficult for me to make my life easier. I think that in doing this my life becomes less challenging and less interesting. I believe in perseverance. Perseverance keeps me motivated to try harder and makes me want to achieve what is difficult for me.
I run track, and when track first started, it was difficult for me and I wanted to quit. I have played basketball and softball before, but i wanted to try something new. It became hard for me because I wasn't used to constantly running. It was definitely a challenge and my legs were sore from running so much, but I'm glad that I stuck with it. The people on the track team are so much fun to be around and are very supportive of one another. Even though I am not one of the best runners on the team, I still try and push myself to do better.
I think that perseverance makes me a better person. It helps me to try harder, and to become the best that I can be. Without perseverance, nothing would change. Thomas Edison had to have perseverance when he invented the light bulb. He probably pushed himself to get through the frustrating times and believed that he could make something possible. He believed in himself and because of him there are light bulbs.
Without someone's perseverance, life wouldn't be evolved the way that it is now. There wouldn't be any cars, stoplights, power, telephones, cell phones, and so much more. Since people pushed themselves and believed in themselves, these inventions were possible. It makes me wonder that if one invention wasn't made would other inventions not be made as well.
One thing can make such a big difference. If nobody pushed themselves to do the best that they can and if everything came easily to them, there would be no point in trying to complete anything. Life would be less challenging and less exciting.
I believe in perseverance because i believe in trying. When I try to improve what is hard for me, I have made an achievement. I feel good about myself for not giving up no matter how hard it was for me. I accomplished something that didn't come easily for me and believed in myself to keep trying.

No comments: