5.06.2009

I Believe Real Music Comes From the Heart


When I listen to music the world seems to slip away. My problems disappear. It is a huge part of who I am because it allows me to express myself in ways that I can't through talking or my behavior. It gives what I feel a more genuine sense than if I just say it. In music, no one has to understand me. It is my own escape to be myself and get away from the world.

My love of music started when I was about ten years old. I used to HATE the radio. All the noise coming out of that little box? It drove me crazy! I had some CD's I would listen to, but I was more of a TV kind of person. One day on a field trip, I heard a song that the whole bus sang to, and I was upset I didn't know it. Everyone was having a great time, and the song had a great beat and singer. It was here that music first inspired me. I went home that night and listened to the radio station. I listened constantly, waiting for my favorite and "only" song I knew to come on. As I waited, I heard many songs I liked and eventually learned from their repetitive playing. I loved listening to all the different songs, and liked almost all of them since everything was so new! I was so interested in all the different music.

Since this time, my love of music has grown. I have experienced many kinds of music, and listened to many different radio stations. Instead of loving every song I hear and know by heart, I really started listening to the beats and lyrics and deciding which songs I really liked that really meant something to me. I know what kinds of music I personally like, but accept music that others like also. I believe every artist is telling a story. A story that means something to them, and they want to share with us.

This past year music reached a huge peak for me in my life. I started writing my own songs and was encouraged to play the guitar. When I right music and play the guitar I feel so alive. It enlightens all my senses and I feel as if the world has stopped around me. Without music I wouldn't be able to express myself or show the world who I am. I'd feel lost in this world, and forget what matters to me. I've learned music comes from deep inside. When I write music I'm not writing it for everyone else. I'm writing it for myself. Those in the world that understand what I'm saying will like the song and appreciate it. Music is like a story, so say what comes to you.

Music is a way I can express myself with all I can. It is clearer than writing or talking. It is peaceful, powerful, and breathtaking. No matter where I am I can always have a tune in my head, or think of something I can put into a song. True music isn't for money or publicity. It is for inspiration and sharing of experiences in life to others. Every song tells a story. Every story is from the heart. Every heartfelt moment can combine together to make someone's day, make someone happy, or change the world.

No comments: