5.06.2009

This I Believe Essay


When was the last time you had a problem that you thought was impossible to overcome? It seems as though it was just last week that I had an obstacle that I thought I could never overcome. I believe that God puts these hurdles in my life to challenge me and help me become stronger in faith. Whenever I have an obstacle that is too big for me to overcome on my own, I ask God to help me.

            “Speak faith filled words” is a quote from Joel Osteen that I try to live by every day. To speak faith filled words means to tell myself that I will overcome the problem that is hard to overcome. I believe that if I tell myself that I will overcome the challenge, then I will overcome it because I have spoken faith filled words.

            For example, when I was in the fifth grade, I would have trouble with math. I would tell myself that I would never be good at math. Math always seemed like a huge obstacle that loomed over me. Then one day my mom told me that there was a math teacher that stayed afterschool and helped students with their math homework. I told my mom that if I stayed afterschool and got help with my math homework that maybe I would become better at math. After the first couple of days that I started staying afterschool, I could see a difference in my math grades. Thanks to that math teacher, math did not seem like a huge obstacle anymore.

            I have had to face many difficulties in my life. I am very thankful that God has helped me overcome those challenges. One condition that is very challenging to me is having ADHD. ADHD stands for Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder. It is a condition in which the brain has difficulties processing what is heard. I remember having trouble focusing on my school work. I still have trouble with focusing and processing information and instructions. I work more slowly than most students. Even though this is a big obstacle, God has opened doors for me. For instance, I have been blessed with good schools, teachers, doctors, friends, and family. Without these blessings from God, I would not be where I am today.

            I have learned to keep on trying to overcome the obstacles that are placed in my path and never give up, no matter how big the challenges might be. I believe that these difficulties are put in my life for a reason; I believe that God puts these in my life to challenge me. These challenges help me become stronger in faith because whenever I have a problem that is too big for me to overcome on my own, I ask God to help me overcome it because I know that with God all things are possible.

No comments: