When I began to think about all of the things my friends had done for me, it wasn't hard to come up with a long list of things. Most of the friends I have are always willing to help me when I need a hand with something. The best thing that I think a good friend, or any friend can provide is their friendship. One thing that always sticks out to me when I think of a good friend, is someone that will defend me in front
of everyone. Someone that isn't afraid to give a little encouragement when it is really needed. A good trait that I always try to have as a friend, is being a reliable source. I want all of my friends to be trustworthy, so I feel I must be the most trustworthy friend I can be.
While it was easy for me to make a list of things my friends had done for me, it was just as easy to make another list of all the things my friends had done to me. A lot of times when I want to try something new, my friends are the first to hear about it. I trust their opinion and give it a lot of thought. A good friend would encourage and be happy for me, but other friends act selfish and distract me, causing me not to reach my goal. The one thing I absolutely cannot stand in a friendship is when one friend lies to another. This always leads to an argument, and could possibly lead to much more.
During my eighth grade year, I decided to try something new. For the first time in my life, I was going to try out for my middle school soccer time. Obviously, some of my friends didn't think this was a good idea. Some of
them said I wouldn't have any free time, and that soccer was stupid. they called me a grass fa
iry. Other than the few friends that didn't agree, there were some that did. they told
me to go for it, it's always good to try something new, and maybe you'll be good at it. The comments and suggestions of my friends made me think about what to do. What my good friends said fueled my decision to do it. I didn't pay too much attention to what my other friends said because I didn't care what they thought. While a few friends supported me, the other friends distracted me, held me back, and argued with me when I wanted to do something I'd never done before.
So, as I actually thought about what my friends had done to benefit me, and also what they had done to be a hindrance to me. I realized that friends can be good and bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment