5.06.2009

This I Believe


Have you ever tried to achieve something but you can’t get it the first try? I have found out that I should never give up. If I never gave up then I would eventually achieve what I was aiming for. Things may seem hard the first few times but I always could eventually achieve it.



When I try to do something and fail multiple times I have learned I got to b



e confident. I had to believe I could achieve what I was aiming for. One time I was trying to land a bunny hop over a curb on a bike and I kept bailing. I couldn’t get it the first few times but then after a while I learned from my mistakes and after a few more tries I could land the bunny hop. It took a while to land it but eventually I got it.



The first time I tried to land the bunny hop over the curb is when my front wheel kept getting caught on the curb and it flipped me over multiple times. After I flipped a few times I thought about giving up but then I remembered if I ever want to land that bunny hop I had to be confident and never give up. That was hard but I eventually got it. The



n the next day I got back and tried it again but I got one of my friends Alex to help me and I found out what I was doing wrong and I tried to land the bunny hop a few more times and I finally landed the bunny hop.



Another time that I tried to land a trick and didn’t give up was when I was trying to land an Ollie over a staircase when I was out skateboarding. My friend Preston and I stayed out the whole night trying to see who could land the trick first and I was practicing a little bit before he tried and he gave up and I kept trying to land I even



tually got it and I was so proud of myself. Because I knew nothing could stop me from landing the trick if I didn’t give up I told him that advice and now he uses it and I haven’t seen him quit trying ever since.



The lesson I have learned from never giving up is if I practiced and never gave up with what I was aiming for then eventually I will get it. I believe this and will always stick with it.



I could count on only failing so many times; I believe if I never gave up I would eventually get it. I believe this goes for everyone because I know people can achieve their goals when they don’t give up.

No comments: