5.06.2009

This I Believe

This I Believe...



Have you ever wondered why something happened the way it did? Sometimes, we don't know why certain things turn out the way they do, so we just have to trust that it was for our best. Nobody can be mad at the past. I must believe that everything happens for a reason, even if I don't know that reason.


Recently, my mom was in a car accident. Everyone was alright, but both cars were pretty messed up. When she picked her car up from the body shop, she was backing up in the parking lot and hit a metal fence. Then she took it right back into the shop to get her bumper fixed again. If she hadn't hit the metal fence, maybe she would have been in a worse accident on the way home.


Mac Allen is a great example of something good coming out of a crisis. I played on Mac's soccer team for about three years. On a normal day, he passed away in his room. He donated his organs, and saved the lives of many people. Even though his family and his friends were hurt deeply, he was able to save multiple lives.


The father of one of my friend's was in a car wreck in August of last year. He was t-boned by a dump truck and he was killed instantly. As time passed, it seemed that nothing good came of this incident. Sometimes we will never know why things happen like they do.


Sometimes even injuries seem like tragedies. When I was eleven years old, I had surgery on my foot. I was out from soccer for three months. About a year later, I fractured my shin in a game. My coach cut me from the team because I was unable to play with a broken shin.


Sickness and disease affect all of humanity. When people fight through a disease and overcome it, they become stronger. These victories can influence others with the same disease to persevere. If death is caused by a sickness or a disease, doctors are motivated to find a cure for the illness.


Death is a major factor of life. Sometimes people die to save others, sometimes they die to influence others, and sometimes it seems like they die for no apparent reason. When a person dies, their family members and friends become sad. If that person is an organ donor, they can save lives and give great joy to other people. Sometimes death is a way to make people physically and mentally stronger. Death can bring the world together, and death can tear the world apart.

I believe that every event, big or small,
has happened and will happen for a higher reason than itself.

No comments: