Why is it so many teens these days smoke and do drugs? Why do all these good kids hang out with the wrong crowd and mess up their lives? I think I know…. I believe that teenagers of our day are drowning in their own imperfections, and are looking at the bad things about themselves. And because of this they seek out these bad groups, or activities to balance out their lives. They try to make these not-so-good qualities, not look so bad. What they’re doing is so cool that others forget about the bad qualities. We teenagers know how to make a permanent solution for a temporary problem…
Yes, I am a teenager as well, but I have helped others through their imperfections. Many teens do these things or make bad choices because of the things they’ve done in the past; whether it’s parent problems, friends, relationships, or even school. What we teenagers need to do more is literally “think on the bright side”. Teens these days think about their imperfections and that’s it they don’t think of all the good qualities they have or things they have in their life, and end up throwing all those memories away.
Adding to our lives, we end up not liking ourselves anymore and wind up trying to, and sometimes succeeding in, killing themselves. But if only we could show all those people the good side of things. ”I have”. I have shown the people who just want to give up how it is and feels to think on the bright side. I’ll tell you what I did…. I gave them my story… and hearing that someone else is going through the same, or worse, type of stuff they’re going through really seems to help. It gives those teens hope. I’ve been there, I have had problems with my parents, and I have had problems with school and friends. Then to make it all worse I was told to go to the hospital and I spent a month there and was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia. So basically I see things that aren’t really there and I hear things in my head.
So I actually came to the point where I was thinking of doing all that bad stuff. Until, one day I decided to sit in my room and think on all the people who cared about me. I learned that we all have imperfections and it’s just something we have to deal with. So, I’m now learning to cope with my imperfections and should the rest of us teens. Besides your imperfections are what make you…. Well you.
What we really need to know is when you finally decide to do all this bad stuff, and only think about your imperfections, everything will fall apart and you’ll end up in the hospital like me. From the wise words of Joel Bruyere “you’re a broken wing, not a broken thing. You can heal in time if you try….”
http://www.box.net/shared/arjit794i7
No comments:
Post a Comment