5.06.2009

I Believe in Preparation





Everyone has days where something goes completely wrong or just doesn’t seem right! Can you think of a time when something didn’t work out the way you planned to? Have you ever said, “What could I be doing wrong?” For many people, not preparing is a bad habit. If I fail to prepare, I get ready to fail. Every day of my life, I go by the opposite! If I succeed to prepare, I prepare to succeed.

Being prepared helps me get through each day, one after the other. When I put preparation into anything life throws at me, there is nothing else I can do but succeed. In order to finish any task, I have to prepare for it, whether it is for ten minutes or three days.

Back in elementary school, I was given many school projects to do. When assignments were given, my teacher and parents would say, “Don’t wait until the last minute to do this project.” Being the adolescent that I was, projects were put off until the last minute, doing exactly what I was told not to do. When the day came to turn in the assignment, I barely had anything to present to the class. Looking back at the below average grade my project received, I wished more time was spent preparing. I became determined to prepare for my next assignment so I could pass with flying colors!

Since I am an active runner, a lot of work and training must be done to achieve personal goals for myself. If I want to do my very best in the race, I start preparing by sleeping more than usual; staying hydrated, and making sure I stretch and warm up. All sports require a tremendous amount of time, training, and practicing to become a great athlete.

While some tasks take only a few weeks to complete, there are always some tasks that require more preparation. The biggest task I prepare for is life. Even before starting school, I have been preparing for life. When I started kindergarten, the teachers prepared me for life by teaching me to tie my shoes because I couldn’t just walk around the rest of my life with straps on my shoes! I get ready for my life every day by learning new skills and making mistakes. When learning something new, I put it to use and spread my knowledge to help others prepare for their lives. When I make a mistake, I learn from it and make sure I don’t do it again.

I feel life is the most significant thing people from all around the globe can experience. Life is the one thing if you screw it up, it is tremendously difficult to fix.


I believe in preparation for everything, especially life. If I don’t get ready for life, I know I won’t prosper in life. If I don’t thrive to do well, I know my life won’t be the way I want to be. I succeed to prepare and prepare to succeed.

No comments: