5.06.2009

Passion Is Everything




Passion: extreme, compelling emotion; intense emotional drive or excitement; the object of any strong desire or fondness. Have you ever done anything with passion? For me, passion is something I can’t do without. No matter where I am, who I am with, or what I am doing, I try my hardest to do everything with passion. Everything I achieve in life, I couldn’t have achieved without a passion for it.

A couple of years ago, in my sister’s dorm room I noticed a poster that she had recently gotten and hung on her wall. On this poster was a picture of a rose, showing its true beauty. Near the bottom of the poster it had white letters that read “Passion” and on the following line, “Nothing in the world has ever been completed without passion.” Whether it was the words, or the picture of the rose; something about it made me think. I thought about the truth of the poster and how it made sense that nothing has or could be completed without passion. Every time I visit my sister look at the poster and it always reminds me to do everything with passion.

Every day I see people doing things because it is the easy way out or because their friends are doing it. It always intrigues me that people can even accomplish one thing without a passion for the tasks in front of them. Passion is what drives us to do our best; to achieve anything and what keeps us going every day. It is said best by T. Alan Armstrong, “If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you”

For me, not only being passionate about what you do is important, but that you know what your passions are so you can work hard at them. Every day I try to find something to be passionate about in the tasks before me. This has opened my eyes to some things I never knew I enjoyed. I also find the things I have a passion for and work towards them so that I am not only passionate about everything but also what really matters. To quote Joss Whedon, “Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping... waiting... and though unwanted... unbidden... it will stir... open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace... but we would be hollow... empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead.”

No comments: