This I Believe
“I believe people should take responsibility of their actions” This is a statement that my family always tells me and I believe it in strongly.
I believe in that strongly because it is one statement that my parents tell me a lot. If you look in the dictionary the word responsibility means “state of being responsible”. I also believe in this statement because to me it’s like a non written law. When it comes down to taking responsibility you can have good outcomes as well as bad.
Some bad outcomes are that people can get other people in trouble for not taking responsibility for their actions. The situation that I saw, was during school. It was in between classes and someone broke a teacher’s favorite chair and when the teacher asked her fourth Period class what happened no one knew who had broken the chair. Since the person never came forth and no one knew who did it the teacher made a rule that no freshmen could sit on the couch. Since the student didn’t take responsibility for his or her actions every freshman is now paying the consequences.
I remember a long time ago, I didn’t practice being responsible when I didn’t listen to my parents. My mother had given me a list of chores to do on a Saturday morning. When I woke up, she called the house and told me the chores. When I walked downstairs, I saw the list on the refrigerator. I still didn’t start the chores, instead I chose to eat breakfast and then I said that I would do them but when I finished eating, my friend next door called and asked if I could come over and play video games and just hang out. I thought to myself and said that I would go over there, play the game, and then come back and do the chores. My mother had told me to have the chores done before she came home, but I was just leaving my friend’s house when she drove in the drive way. When my mother found out that I didn’t do the chores I had to suffer the consequences.
In my life I feel that I am a pretty responsible person because I am surrounded by responsible people in my home setting. I think that being around them has shaped and molded me into taking responsibility and being a responsible person even though every now and then I may not act or be responsible. I feel that I still have a little bit more work to do.
Taking responsibility for my actions is something that my parents have told me and probably will continue to tell me. They believe in it so strongly because if you obey it then you will be honest. My parents always want me to grow up and be a very responsible man and an honest man. I feel that if people are responsible that they are most likely able to have a good life, good job, and probably a responsible family. I say that because when I grow up my family may be responsible because they may look up to me then they will try to be more like me.
The End
“I believe people should take responsibility of their actions” This is a statement that my family always tells me and I believe it in strongly.
I believe in that strongly because it is one statement that my parents tell me a lot. If you look in the dictionary the word responsibility means “state of being responsible”. I also believe in this statement because to me it’s like a non written law. When it comes down to taking responsibility you can have good outcomes as well as bad.
Some bad outcomes are that people can get other people in trouble for not taking responsibility for their actions. The situation that I saw, was during school. It was in between classes and someone broke a teacher’s favorite chair and when the teacher asked her fourth Period class what happened no one knew who had broken the chair. Since the person never came forth and no one knew who did it the teacher made a rule that no freshmen could sit on the couch. Since the student didn’t take responsibility for his or her actions every freshman is now paying the consequences.
I remember a long time ago, I didn’t practice being responsible when I didn’t listen to my parents. My mother had given me a list of chores to do on a Saturday morning. When I woke up, she called the house and told me the chores. When I walked downstairs, I saw the list on the refrigerator. I still didn’t start the chores, instead I chose to eat breakfast and then I said that I would do them but when I finished eating, my friend next door called and asked if I could come over and play video games and just hang out. I thought to myself and said that I would go over there, play the game, and then come back and do the chores. My mother had told me to have the chores done before she came home, but I was just leaving my friend’s house when she drove in the drive way. When my mother found out that I didn’t do the chores I had to suffer the consequences.
In my life I feel that I am a pretty responsible person because I am surrounded by responsible people in my home setting. I think that being around them has shaped and molded me into taking responsibility and being a responsible person even though every now and then I may not act or be responsible. I feel that I still have a little bit more work to do.
Taking responsibility for my actions is something that my parents have told me and probably will continue to tell me. They believe in it so strongly because if you obey it then you will be honest. My parents always want me to grow up and be a very responsible man and an honest man. I feel that if people are responsible that they are most likely able to have a good life, good job, and probably a responsible family. I say that because when I grow up my family may be responsible because they may look up to me then they will try to be more like me.

The End
By: Jon-Michael Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment