5.06.2009

What I believe Essay



When was the last time you played a sport? Every time I play a sport, I learn a life lesson. Most people think sports are fun and you can do whatever you want, but I think sports are a way of life. Every time I play a sport it is, I learn something. I have learned many lessons while playing sports like basketball and golf.

When I play golf, I learn a lesson almost every time I play. When I don't hit good shots, I get frustrated. Playing while mad never helps my game. Lately, I have learned to keep my composure by forgetting bad shots and concentrating on the next hole. I am starting to play better golf because of this. This helps because it helps me complete something without getting frustrated. Playing golf has taught me another life lesson as well; I need to take one step at a time. In golf, I have to think one shot at a time, one hole at a time. Now, I know how to take life one day at a time and how to not worry about the future. I just play life as it comes and don't look for toward the future.

Also, when I play a team sport like basketball, I learn to rely on my teammates. I have to trust that they will do their part in running a play and helping win a game. This lesson will help me when I get a job. When I have a job, I have to hope that everybody does their job. If not, I would fail and maybe lose my job. I also need to have great connection with my team. This can help me meet great people and make great friends. This helps me communicate well with others and not have that much of a problem.

With sports if I make a mistake, I take that mistake and learn from it. I just go and practice until I fix that mistake. That is just like life. If I make a mistake, like if I say something mean to someone, I try to fix what I have done wrong.

When I look at many great athletes they are really generous people. Tiger Woods is the best golf in the world and shows his frustrations on the golf course somehow still finds a way to win. What most people don't know, is that he is a great father and donates a lot of his money to charity. Charles Barkley also tries to help others. He was a great basketball player and now he is the most generous famous person. He is great with kids and does a lot for charity. This is why I think sports are lessons of life.

I want to do the same thing with my life. I want to be a professional athlete, be a great father, and give my money to charity. These two are my role models. This is why people should take sports serious and see what it really does with your life.

No comments: